Currently live in:
Mill Valley, CA
Achieve athlete since:
The aspect I like most about cycling and/or racing is:
Being outdoors and the speed and control on two wheels. It reminds me of racing motocross which I when I was eight years old and actively raced for 16 years.
My favourite bike is:
My current bike, a Cannondale SuperSix. It fits like a glove, feels responsive, and allows for line changes quickly and easily (control).
The cycling/sporting accomplishment I’m most proud of is:
Finishing Levi’s Gran Fondo 100 mile route in 6.5 hours largely solo.
Running 500 miles across Spain in 18 nearly consecutive days. March-April 2013
If I could be one animal I would be a:
Chameleon. I’ve tried a wide variety of sports with a reasonable amount of success ranging from motocross, powerlifting, rugby, triathlon, ultra-distance running and now attempting competitive road cycling.
Of the following three facts, two are true and one is false:
- I was involved in a robbery ring in South America having had my passport stolen and negotiated a meet up to get it back before reporting to the U.S. consulate.
- I attended graduate school in Spain.
- Chicago, Illinois is the third longest place I have called ‘home’.
My goals for the upcoming season include:
- Increase FTP by 30% in four months (current FTP est. 230)
- Participate in 2-3 road races in 2019 and finish with the peloton or one of the large chase groups
- Overhaul my approach to nutrition for workouts and more importantly recovery
- Learn and practice race strategy and line choice in a peloton
- Learn the difference of when to rest and when to ride accelerating recovery